Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Dear Mr President

Dear Mr. President,

This song was written for your predecessor, but it's applicable to you also. That saddens me.

"Come take a walk with me
Let's pretend we're just two people and you're not better than me
I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly" - Pink

Facebook is hosting a Town Hall Meeting with the Commander in Chief on Wednesday, April 20. People are invited to ask questions, some of which will be selected to ask Mr. President. My more cynical friends believe that only softball will be played. The forum is asking mainly about marijuana and legalization, with a lot of reposts for Feeding America also. Not a bad idea, methinks.

My questions, Dear Mr. President, and I am not an American but am affected by everything your Empire does:

Who is paying for Libya? (Insert Iraq or Afghanistan at will.) Who do you propose will lead the country when you are done? Do you have a "friendly" in mind? Will he stay friendly?

Why are you/Congress/the Houses still playing World Sheriff when there is so much to fix in your own backyard? Why are you championing free speech elsewhere and smothering it at home?
How can you be so overtly against your own military, but still send them to die in unwarranted situations?

"How do you sleep when the rest of us cry
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye
How do you walk with your head held high
Can you even look me in the eye"

I, and many others in the world, hoped that the change you promised would happen. We're disappointed, Barry, though you're still worshiped in Jakarta.

"Let me tell you 'bout hard work
Minimum wage with a baby on the way
Let me tell you 'bout hard work
Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away
Let me tell you 'bout hard work
Building a bed out of a cardboard box"

Dear Mr. President

"How do you walk with your head held high"

No comments:

Post a Comment